Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Scooby-Doobies Doooode! by Matt P.

I love how I post to this blog more regularly than my own, but I aim to change within the next few days.

Last week Melly Mel called the shots and sent us back to the Stone Age with Captain Caveman.

My earliest memory of Captain Caveman came from USA Networks' Cartoon Express show, "Laff-a-lympics." Essentially, there were three teams of Hanna-Barbera characters each led by a recognizable character who competed in Olympic-type events. The teams were-The Yogi Yahooeys (led by Yogi Bear), The Scooby Doobies (led by Scooby-Doo), and The Really Rottens (led by Dread Baron or, if you prefer, Dick Dastardly).

So, in my contribution to this blog I went with my favorite and Captain Caveman's team, The Scooby Doobies, and included two of his teammates--Hong Kong Phooey and Dynomutt. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Zach Oat said...

Beautiful! These Doobies are BLAZIN'!

Ben Morse said...

Oh man, I loved the Laff-a-lympics when I was a kid! And I always rooted for the Scoobies because they were ridiculous.

Great sketch and double kudos for reminding me of this show, Matt!

Mel Caylo said...

Oh, man! This is awesome, Matt!

Sean T. Collins said...

Jeepers, you really can draw, Matt.

All aboard the USA Cartoon Express!

Post a Comment