Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Warriors by Zach Oat

Following Rickey Purdin's amazing entries on this blog is a thankless job, but he always inspires me to draw better, so I revisited my Warriors sketch, which I had given up earlier, thinking it was too ambitious for my skills, and managed to tighten it up a bit and finish it.
I'm not saying it's the best drawing of any of the Warriors -- Ajax, Swan and Rembrandt are okay, I guess, but Cochise comes off looking like a woman -- I'm just happy to have finished it, and to have figured out how to do a crazy gradient background on the colored version.

3 comments:

Rickey said...

I inspire you?

YOU INSPIRE MEEEE!!!!

Jesus, I love your layouts and renderings and conveyed attitudes.

And keep coloring them! The color versions are rad, too!

Zach Oat said...

Will do! And thanks for the kind words! I love your level of detail and sense of fun.

Kid Elemnt said...

Nice dude, I always look forward to what you come up with. Keep coloring 'em!

Post a Comment