Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Destructor & Friends by TJ Dietsch

Hey gang, after peeping Zach's homage image of Geist, I decided to give it a shot by copying one of my all time favorite artists in the history of art by doing Sean T. Collins' Destructor by ripping off Jim Steranko's oft-copied Nick Fury: Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1. I even got my ruler out to try and get those stacked boxes in fighting shape, but when I went over them in ink I used freehand hence the shaky-at-best lines. To fill out the rest of the characters I used the stories Destructor Comes To Croc Town and Prison Break for reference. There's a croc soldier with monocle/scope eye on top from Croc, one of the mouse soldiers, The Brain and one of the domed dudes from the end of Prison Break. And of course Destructor who should have been much bigger. My anatomy leaves much to be desired, but here it is in all it's black and white "glory."


Not being able to leave the base line of well enough alone, I decided to try and color the thing on Photoshop. I didn't do a very good job as there are lots of white spots and I just left the figures non-colored because it was just too fine. So, here you go. My apologies to Steranko, Sean and artist Matt Wiegle who kicks ass on these strips.

7 comments:

Ben Morse said...

Love this cover! Great idea!

Zach Oat said...

That's the coolest thing ever.

Rickey said...

Um, TJ. HOLY SHIT. That's fucking rad.

Ben Morse said...

TJ, I wanna see you do a crossover between the characters from the Destructor comic Prison Break and the cast of the TV show Prison Break.

Sean T. Collins said...

Paper Rad, eat your collective heart out!

Kid Elemnt said...

Awesome TJ!

Kropinak said...

Amazing!!

Post a Comment