Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Geist by Ben Morse

Hello, I'm Ben Morse, assistant editor of Marvel.com, contributor to The Cool Kids Table, yada yada yada.

So when I thought about my approach to Geist, I figured the other guys had kinda covered the zany fun-loving stuff, so I'd go for a more "He's a vampire tilt." Whether owing to me not pulling it off or the character just being too inherently fun to go full horror with (though I'm sure some people could quite well) I ended up maybe halfway there. I'll cop to borrowing the hands from Tony Daniel's cover to Teen Titans #37 (hands are tough, yo) and of course using the concept art Justin has shown elsewhere, but the rest is mostly me.

No idea how that Medusa mullet happened.

Anyhow, as you should know by this point, if you're digging any of these or if you're not, go buy Hero House. Now.

6 comments:

Zach Oat said...

Very creepy, Ben. Part vampire, part zombie, part Michael Jackson. I like it.

Ben Morse said...

Thanks! I totally didn't think MJ until you said it, but now that you did, I'm shocked I didn't; it's RIGHT there.

Mel Caylo said...

Your Geist reminds me of Brandon Lee for some reason.

Ben Morse said...

Maybe because I'm gay for Brandon Lee.

Zach Oat said...

Well, it can't rain all the time.

Kropinak said...

Why is he holding a peach? :D

Post a Comment