Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Destructor vs. Croc-Man by Zach Oat

When I first read Sean's "Destructor Comes to Croc Town," I was blown away. I had to read it twice to make sure I hadn't missed something, some clue to the enigma that was Destructor, but I hadn't. Destructor was simply a metal can of awesome, and he kicked crocodile-man ass. I was going to do an Iron Man tribute cover, having been inspired by Ben Morse's ode to Tales of Suspense, but in the end I just had to do the comic's great, mostly wordless story justice, and show Destructor locked in mortal combat with a massive Croc-Man.





This is the moment when his arm is torn off, and the Croc-Man has yet to learn that that was not necessarily the best move to make. Not only does Destructor now have a five-fingered wingman, he's got a blunt instrument to swing. The scene as drawn by Matt Wiegle is awesome, which is why I tried to computer-color it, in an attempt to do more than lamely imitate Wiegle's amazing art. Eh. Not my forte. Here it is anyway.





Read "Destructor in: Prison Break," then buy both Destructor adventures in Murder.

7 comments:

Rickey said...

DAMMIT! Why aren't you drawing more often?!

This is awesome, Zach!

Ben Morse said...

That Croc is BAD ASS. Love how smooth your stuff looks, Zach, this is great.

Alex Segura said...

This is great! Love the colored version.

Kid Elemnt said...

You will have t-shirts of this made up, right Zach?! RIGHT??!!!

Zach Oat said...

Nah, STC wanted too much for the licensing rights. Besides, if I made a Destructor T-shirt, it would be of King Suckerman's amazing sketch.

Woods said...

Zach, this is possibly your greatest single achievement.

Kropinak said...

Action-PACKED! I can't tell which version I like more: B&W or color.

Post a Comment