Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Orko Redux by Zach Oat

This week we'll be expanding the scope of the LAW Blog to include characters NOT created by LAW members. The first lucky winner? Fricking Orko from Masters of the Universe. Don't ask me how he won -- it's a long story that involves bourbon, a nostalgic YouTube video and no small amount of emotional blackmail. And while I respect Orko as a person, I hate the way that he looks. Looking at him and hating him, I decided to see what I could do to make him cooler. This was the result.

First, I decided that Orko needed legs, because only losers hover. And since he was going to get tired walking around, I gave him a horse. Specifically, I gave him He-Man's robot horse, Stridor. And I gave him Castle Grayskull to live in, too. Basically, I gave Orko He-Man's entire TV show, because if Orko had legs, a horse and a cool castle, he'd be much, much cooler than a half-naked barbarian. And for the first time, I think my sketch looks better in color!

Call him Vampire Hunter O. Hopefully, other bloggers will draw Orko the way he really looks, because my sketch really isn't the best way to kick off Orko week. I'd say buy a Orko comic, but I'd rather you bought Hero House.

9 comments:

Ben Morse said...

Amazing!

I have no idea what I'm gonna do this week.

Unknown said...

I'm glad we did this. Looks great, Zach!

Rickey said...

I DON'T understand why you don't draw more. This shit's so exciting.

Justin said...

I'm calling Mattel right friggin' now to tell them to get on this!

Jesse T. said...

Get this art on a Blue Oyster Cult album cover, STAT!

Zach Oat said...

Dude, this blog is like a Godsend to me. It A. Gives me a topic to draw. B. Gives me a general weekly deadline. And C. I don't feel the pressure I would feel if it was going on an actual artist's site. I love drawing, and I still have a fantasy about doing it professionally, but I literally haven't drawn anything more than a doodle in a year or more.

TJ Dietsch said...

I don't even think Man At Arms would mess with this Orko.

Kid Elemnt said...

It look like a trading card, Zach. I love it. Man-At-Arms would definitely have his hands full, Teej. Har Har.

Erica R said...

Loved reading tthis thanks

Post a Comment