Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Geist by TJ Dietsch

To kick things off here at the LAW Blog, we decided on one of the greatest new characters to hit stands recently. That's right, none other than Geist from our buddy Justin Aclin's Hero House from Arcana. Buy your very own copy here! Since this whole thing was kind of my idea, I figured I'd take first crack and here's the result.
I don't consider myself anything close to an artist but I had a great time drawing this guy. His somewhat cartoonish features (no eye details or legs) made this even easier for me. As you can see by the gentleman leaning against the wall at the bottom of the piece, I'm not much good at drawing feet. The layout just kind of popped into my head and after playing around with the angles, I decided on this one. I'm pretty happy with it with a few exceptions, but I'll leave those for you guys to find. Oh, also, I hope Justin doesn't mind that I drew his characters swiping booze from a liquor store, but I just couldn't resist.

If you liked this post, check out my blog UnitedMonkee! Sorry, I just can't resist a good plug.

3 comments:

Justin said...

I like how you really captured my "sitting on the ground outside a liquor store" essence!

TJ Dietsch said...

Haha. Sorry for giving you tiny hands and you're apparently drinking from one of those tiny hotel refrigerator bottles of liquor. Really I was trying to capture your wonder and awe.

Zach Oat said...

That's where Justin was sitting when we hired him. In the alley behind the liquor store.

Post a Comment